Monday, June 11, 2012

VOW: Road to Recovery


Ephesians 3:17-20

"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" 

My sister in love, Liberty Pranger, just gave birth to her fourth child and first son Sunday afternoon. What she thought would be a normal delivery turned into a nightmare of a day. Nothing was going the way she had hoped and many of us prayed. 

Saturday evening, her water had broken (two weeks early). Early Sunday morning, they induced her to help her labor along. Her placenta ended up rupturing and they rushed her into an emergency C- section. They rushed baby Gabriel to NICU to save his life. He had taken in a lot of blood and had been without oxygen for some time. His little heart stopped beating twice, but they were able to revive him. Today, his oxygen levels are improving, but he still has a ways to go. We praise the Lord, he is alive and on the road to recovery. 

 As I am expecting myself, I just can't put myself and her shoes. What a scary heart breaking thing to go through as a parent.  I know of another young family also relying on God to take care of their little son on a daily basis. My heart truly goes out to them as the cling to God for his unfailing strength and healing power. How does one go through such a trial and not lose it? It is in Christ alone.

As Christians, we don't know how people go through such difficulties in life without God. As believers, we can cling to a hope that is found in God alone. We may not understand the reason of the trial we are facing, but we can trust a God who knows all things. It is through these times we must cling to our faith and seek out the depths of God's love. When we can trust Him, we are filled with the fulness of God. We have fulfillment, hope, and peace in Christ alone no matter our circumstance.

He never said it would be an easy road, but He promises to hold us each step of the way. I am thankful my in laws don't have to go through this trial alone, God is with them. They are holding on to God's unseen hand. And we all anticipate the day (hopefully soon!) he can go home completely healthy!  

These are the verses I am hiding in my heart this week. My family and others around us seem to be going through some difficult times. I wanted to be reminded of God's unmeasurable love. It is such a sweet reminder that God cares for us so much and He is with us through these hard times. May you be filled with the fulness of God this week! 

4 comments:

  1. I am praying for them! Thanks for the reminder in this post to cling to God no matter what and rely on and trust His love and power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family. I'm good friends with Hannah. Maria in Jamaica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for your prayers, our family truly appreciates them. :) Hannah has told me a lot about you, and I've read your blog a few times and love it!

      Delete