Monday, June 4, 2012

vow ii: Two things I am very grateful for!


Mercy & Abundant Forgiveness! 

As you know, I have been working on hiding God's Word in my heart. This is week number two of scripture memorization. This week's verses are:

 Isaiah 55:6-9
Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. "

(v6) The Bible is clear that there will come a day of judgment on all mankind. We will stand before the judgment seat of Christ and give an account of our life. On this day, it will be too late to seek the Lord and call upon his name. I believe it is vital in our lives that we seek the Lord daily, else we might lose sight of Him throughout the day. 

(v7) I am very grateful and thankful that there is no limit of the Lord's mercy and forgiveness on our lives! (Mercy- God sparing us from the judgment we deserve; Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.) How simple it is to find forgiveness and peace with Christ, yet so many hold on to their will, out of fear to let go and let God. I have found this to be true in my own life and in others lives while serving in the ministry. 
For years, I held on to my guilt of my past thinking that it wasn't "right" for me to have peace because of the mess I had made. Satan whispered lies in my ear that I believed. And because of that, God couldn't use me because I wouldn't let Him.  What peace I found the day I let it all go and laid my guilt and burdens at the feet of Christ!  

(v8,9) I like how the Lord uses simplicity in nature to help us understand what He is saying. 
"as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways..."
   
The Lord has brought these verses to my mind many times. When the Lord changes my path, He reminds me His ways are higher than my own. He knows all things. My finite mortal mind can not begin to understand God's ways or thoughts. That's where trust comes in. 
The Bible says in Proverbs 3:5,6 to lean not unto thine own understanding but in all thy ways, acknowledge Him (paraphrased). So I realized to simply trust and not worry. I can't figure it all out anyway, so why waste my time worrying about it when I could have the mind of peace. And besides worrying causes wrinkles, and who wants those?! 

 I pray these verses can encourage you throughout your week as well. I will be working on memorizing them and reflecting on their meanings. Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment