Monday, December 16, 2013

The Power of Words

I have been behind in keeping up with the weekly verses on my blog. So I hope to change that! This week I want to meditate on a couple of verses.

This week I will be studying on the power of words. 
Now those of you who know me, know I enjoy a little sarcasm here and there. But I have to be careful to not over-do it at times. (Some people are just easy targets for my sense of humor and usually those are the ones who can be a little sensitive… Great peace have they that love thy law and nothing shall offend them. Now if we all could memorize that one! :)
I would never want to intentionally hurt someone with my words. I want to be known as someone who lifts up and encourages others so Christ can be seen through me. My prayer is that the Lord would bring just one person my way each day to be a blessing and an encouragement to. So here are the verses the Lord gave me today. 

Proverbs 12:25 & 16:24

"Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: 
but a good word maketh it glad.


Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones."

As you go about your week this week, let's be mindful to encourage one another. 
This time of year although it is such a happy time of year, it can also be a very difficult time of year for some. For many it means celebrating the holidays without loved ones for the first time. 

Don't forget to look around you as you go about preparing for the holidays. Don't be too busy to notice people and pray for them. And after you've prayed for them let them know it in a card or in conversation. You will be surprised at the blessing you will be to them! 

And this is also a great time of year to bring up Christ in conversation with others and invite them to church. What better way to enjoy the holidays then sharing the good news of Christ?! Let's go tell the world! And be a Light for Christ in all that we say and do. 


Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21

Death and life are in the power of the tongue--think before you speak! What do your words say? Do they lift up others? Do they share the good news of Christ? Are they health to the bones and sweet like honeycomb? 

Have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment