Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Letters to Jacob #1

My Sweet Little Boy,

   Well Jacob, Mommy has been slacking in writing you letters. I wrote a few notes to you before you were born but none after! Time sure has flown since that great day that we welcomed you into this world. You are just a couple weeks shy of being 14 months old. And I am loving this stage of your life!

As I watched you sleep during your nap time (we love nap time!) I couldn't help but get lost in thought. I don't know why my thoughts drifted to sentimental mode but they did. My heart just melts when I look at your sweet face and you smile back at me. Watching you sleep so peacefully in your pack n play, made me realize that this stage of life won't last forever. You look so tiny in there and fit just perfectly in your bed. But soon you will outgrow it and get a big boy bed. Part of me looks forward to you growing up but another part of me wants to freeze time and keep you little forever!

One day, Lord willing, you will get married and have your own family.
I know that's how I feel about you getting married too!
I only get to hold you like this once and I don't want to miss any moments. To be honest, I get a little jealous at the thought of another woman taking care of you, but I'm sure she will do a great job and you'll give us lots of grand babies!!! I never knew what a joy having a son would bring me until the Lord blessed us with you. You are so much fun! You must get that from my side of the family. (Kidding- Daddy's side of the family is a lot of fun too!) 

So today you woke us up very early, 8:30am. ;) I always look forward to putting you to bed each night and getting you out of bed every morning. Our night time ritual consists of brushing your teeth with the electric toothbrush, which you love, putting your pi's on and a clean diaper if needed, reading a Bible story and saying our prayers. It's so nice to be able to have a "routine" now that we can put you in your own room and be a family! (Did you know Mommy and Daddy haven't had a home since you were born?! We still don't but we will soon! God has always provided a place for us to live since the day we brought you home!) I love tucking you into bed and then rescuing you in the morning when you want out!

Lately, you've learned to put your hands out and reach for me while frantically squishing your hands. I love that!! :) I'll bend over and you'll wrap your arms around my neck and lay your head on my shoulder and snuggle. You never ever ever snuggled us!! For the first two weeks of your life you did but after that forget it! Daddy and I are enjoying this snuggly stage! :) And now you are walking really well! You always want what we are eating and drinking rather than what's in front of you. You love coffee too! Definitely our son! And you didn't like olives when you tried them last week (that's my boy!) You are growing up too fast!

Today after breakfast, we went in the living room to watch you play with your toys as we snuggled on the couch and drank coffee. You did not like not being invited to snuggle on the couch! You were very jealous of Daddy and pushed his head away from me and tried pulling me away! Haha. We brought you up on the couch to join us and you weren't satisfied until I moved away from Daddy and you had me all to yourself! You gave me lots of kisses and snuggles until Daddy interrupted and tickled you. I wish I could have frozen time at that moment. Everything seemed perfect. We were just us- happy as could be!

We are very privileged to get to raise you and have you for 18 years, Lord willing. I will cherish the moments we have together! I love you with all my heart! I pray daily for you and your future wife. :) May the Lord use you in whatever way He sees fit!

Your Always Young and Beautiful,
Mommy! :)

Hello squishy baby!! :) The moment you stole my heart!
A sleeping newborn! Mama's favorite!
You'll always be my little pumpkin!





Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6





No comments:

Post a Comment